Saw Palmetto Extract Name: Saw Palmetto Fruit Extract
Botanical Name: Serenoa Repens (bartram) small
Active ingredient: Total Fatty Acid
Specification: Total Fatty Acid 25% 45% powder,80% oil
Test Method: GC
Appearance: Light yellow to white fine powder
CAS No.: 314041-17-3
Molecular formula: C18H34O2
Molecular weight: 282.46
Description of Saw Palmetto Extract Saw palmetto, is the sole species currently classified in the genus Serenoa. It has been known by a number of synonyms, including Sabal serrulatum, under which name it still often appears in alternative medicine. It is a small palm, normally reaching a height of around 2–4 m (3–6 ft). Its trunk is sprawling, and it grows in clumps or dense thickets in sandy coastal lands or as undergrowth in pine woods or hardwood hammocks.
It is endemic to the southeastern United States, most commonly along the Atlantic and Gulf Coastal plains, but also as far inland as southern Arkansas. It is a hearty plant; extremely slow growing, and long lived, with some plants, especially in Florida, possibly being as old as 500-700 years.
For centuries, the crude extracts of saw palmetto have been used to improve sperm production and to increase breast size and sexual vigor, but it's most effective and only scientifically based use is to improve symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Saw palmetto, is the sole species currently classified in the genus Serenoa. It has been known by a number of synonyms, including Sabal serrulatum, under which name it still often appearin alternative medicine. It is a small palm, normally reaching a height of around 2–4 m. Its trunk is sprawling,and it grows in clumps or dense thickets in sandy coastal lands or as undergrowth in pine woods or hardwood hammocks.
Certificate of Analysis of Saw Palmetto Extract 25%
Main Functions of Saw Palmetto Extract 1.Treat urinary tract infections
2.Prevent and relieve symptoms of prostate enlargement (benign prostatic hyperplasia)
3.Calm the irritated and overactive bladder occasionally associated with bedwetting
4.Reduce hormonal damage to prostate cells, possibly reducing the future risk of
5.developing prostate cancer.
6.Maintain healthy blood vessels, nerves and tissues
8.Tonic and Expectorant for mucous membranes (particularly the bronchial passages)
Applicationof Saw Palmetto Extract 1.Saw Palmetto inhibits testosterone action on the prostate, thus is used widely for BPH treatment.
2. Saw Palmetto also prevents binding of DHT to androgen receptors, hence helps with hair loss.
3. Saw Palmetto inhibits androgen and estrogen receptor activity and helps both men and women to balance hormones.
4. Saw Palmetto cure inflammation: herb helps treat bladder inflammation and helps with urinary flow.
5. Saw Palmetto for women: Women also use Saw Palmetto herb to stimulate breast enlargement and also to treat
6. Saw Palmetto is also used to treat impotence, frigidity, and also used as an aphrodisiac. Some new evidence shows that Saw Palmetto may also help with thyroid deficiencies.
7. Saw Palmetto is used to clear chest congestion, treat coughs.